Non-exchangeable EPAL wooden pallets
If the EUR-pallet has one or more of the following deteriorations, it shall be considered non-convertible because of:
- pallets for which the load capacity due to / rot, rupture, cleavage /
- if it is so dirty that the goods could be polluted
- if there are strong cleavages at multiple locations near the pallet carrier
- if it is apparent that unauthorized components have been used (eg weak boards or blocks)
Non exchagable pallets
If the bottom blocks or tops boards is visible as one nail
Missing EUR/EPAL sign right and also EPAL sign left
A board is missing.
A block is missing or split in such a way that more than one nail shank is visible. Twisted blocks must not protrude more than 10 mm.
A bottom or deck board is splintered in such a way that more than one nail shank is visible.Twisted blocks must not protrude more than 10 mm
More than two bottom blocks or tops boards are so split that more than one nail shank is visible
Exchange criteria Gitterboxes
If EPAL box pallets display one or more of the following faults, the box pallets are not exchangeable and should be repaired in accordance with EPALís Technical Regulations.
- EPAL box pallets that are not fit for use should be repaired in accordance with the EPAL Technical Regulations.
Non-exchangeable EPAL box pallets:
The stacking frame or the corner posts are deformed.
The hinged front wall panel can no longer be opened or closed.
The base frame or feet are bent in such a way that the box pallet no longer stands evenly on four feet or can no longer be safely stacked.
he tubular steel mesh is torn in such a way that the wire ends protrude inwards or outwards (one mesh per wall may be missing).
A board is missing or broken
The essential identification markings EPAL in oval are missing or illegible.
The general state is so poor due to rust or dirt that this may lead to contamination of the payload